YOUNG AND SMART SENIORS
Contest Procedures and Selection
Q: When is the application deadline?
A: Saturday May 6, 2017 1:00 PM Central Standard Time.
Q: What are the selection criteria?
A committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients based on:
- Academic achievements and records
- Community involvement
- Financial need (within a single parent household)
Decisions by the selection committee are final and are not subject to appeal.
No application feedback will be given.
Q: Is there a minimum income required in order to be considered for this scholarship?
A: No. There is not an income minimum required in order to apply nor is there a maximum income. we would not consider. The financial information presented on the application is considered in truth, including any extenuating financial circumstances explained on the application. However, financial need is a component and counts towards the total number of points an application can receive.
Rules to Enter Contest:
- Must complete the entry form online
- Must be a 2017 senior at a local high school
- Must live in a single parent household
- Must have a verifiable GPA of 3.5 or better (attach last report card)
- Must have a FACEBOOK page
- Must Like and Follow Signature Salon Suites & Spa on FACEBOOK, And Share Contest Post on FACEBOOK
- Must provide a testimony of their scholarship winning and salon experience on their FB page and tag us for our page.
- This is a NONTRANSFERABLE award and can only be used by the winner. It cannot be exchanged for cash value or combined with other offers or discounts.
Complete Application http://www.123contactform.com/form-2542260/Contest-Entry-Form
For Questions: Signature Salon Suites & Spa (281) 886-0201
Y.A.S.S. (YOUNG AND SMART SENIORS) Annual Scholarship program was created by Linda Boyce, Owner and Master Stylist at Signature Salon Suites and Spa. This scholarship was created to give back to her community here in Pearland, which has continuously supported her business over the years. With an admiration for single parents and realizing the many expenses of raising children, (having 3 of her own) especially during their senior year, she wondered, “How can I help relieve the burden for a deserving young lady and her parent during prom or graduation season?” From this desire…Y.A.S.S. was developed.
Y.A.S.S. Scholarship Program is looking for a Senior High School young lady from a single parent household, with an exceptional GPA, community involvement, and in need of a financial blessing due to limited funds to prepare for Prom or Graduation.
If selected as a recipient of the Y.A.S.S. (YOUNG AND SMART SENIORS) Scholarship, contestants will have the opportunity to win a complete MAKEOVER!
- Hair, Make-up and Facial Consultation
- Hair shampooed
- Deep Conditioning
- Trim or Cut (if requested)
- Colored, Relaxed, or Natural Silkening (if requested)
- Style of their choice
- Custom Facial (60 min)
- Make-up Artistry (full face, lashes and brow)
*Recipient must provide their own hair for extensions, clip-ins, or weaves
**Hair may be purchased/ordered in advance at Signature Salon Suites & Spa
Parent or Guardian must be present the day of consultation & makeover.
Photographs of the winner(s) may be taken and utilized for future marketing, advertising and promotional purpose by Signature Salon Suites and Spa.
Complete Application To Apply http://www.123contactform.com/form-2542260/Contest-Entry-Form
All applications must be completed and submitted by Saturday May 6, 2017 1:00 PM to be considered.